V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino adds HDR Light Studio live connection
V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino is released today, and Lightmap are pleased to announce this latest version adds native support for a live connection with HDR Light Studio. Chaos Group and Lightmap have worked closely to develop a deep level of integration between our products, providing a great user experience – including our LightPaint ‘point and click’ light placement directly in the Rhino viewport. So now V-Ray for Rhino users can light their shots easier and faster than ever before with perfect final results.
Here’s the Promotional Launch Video:
V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino is a free upgrade for existing V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino users. Existing HDR Light Studio 4 customers can also take advantage of the new compatibility for free by updating to HDR Light Studio 4.3 which is available for download today in your Lightmap Store account.
V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino users can choose from two HDR Light Studio products to use with this new live connection:
New HDR Light Studio 4 for V-Ray for Rhino
A lower cost special edition that works only in a Live Connection with V-Ray for Rhino.
HDR Light Studio 4 – Complete
This product is for V-Ray for Rhino users who would like to use HDR Light Studio with other 3D apps too, or even standalone. This edition includes all available HDR Light Studio plug-ins/connectivity (i.e. to Bunkspeed, 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, KeyShot, Maxwell Studio, MODO etc – with more being added all the time). Users can use this version standalone using the LiveLight viewer included in this edition. LiveLight lets you load Collada and OBJ files and light them using the LightPaint feature.
For more information and example images see our new V-Ray for Rhino page.
Published December 9th, 2013.
Leave a reply
- Customer Work (29)
- Demos, Tips & Tricks (7)
- Events (11)
- HDR Light Studio – Partners (42)
- HDR Light Studio News (32)
- Image Based Lighting (5)
- Lightmap Labs (2)
- Press (19)
- Reviews (2)
- Black Friday Sale – 2014
- Pixel Perfect Product Shots by PK3D Studio
- Transforming the lighting process in Cinema 4D
- Anton Bessonov – Stunning 3ds Max Shots
- Develop3D Live 2014
- HDR Light Studio – CINEMA 4D live connection released
- Octane for MODO beta has begun!
- Recom Farmhouse – Mustang 2015 Launch
- HDR Light Studio launches LightWave3D live plug-in
- Arion 2.5 by Random Control – adds HDR Light Studio integration
- Jomar Machado lights up prestigious calendar with HDR Light Studio for 3ds Max
- PK3D Studio – Studio Lighting with V-Ray for 3ds Max
- Brendan McCaffrey – HDRI Lighting in ‘V-Ray for 3ds Max’
- V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino adds HDR Light Studio live connection
- HDR Light Studio 4.3 released