Lightmap provide HDR lighting to Intel Labs
In a research collaboration, Lightmap Ltd is delighted to have provided Intel Labs with HDRI content to help showcase the Embree ray tracing kernels.
Embree is a collection of high-performance ray tracing kernels, developed at Intel Labs. The kernels are optimized for photo-realistic rendering on the latest Intel® processors with support for the SSE and AVX instruction sets. In addition to the ray tracing kernels, Embree provides an example photo-realistic progressive rendering engine.
Check out the render above produced with the Embree renderer using our HDRI lighting. It looks like a very capable render engine indeed.
(Crown model courtesy of Martin Lubich, http://www.loramel.net)
Published July 19th, 2011.
Leave a reply
- Customer Work (14)
- Demos, Tips & Tricks (6)
- Events (8)
- HDR Light Studio – Partners (20)
- HDR Light Studio News (22)
- Image Based Lighting (5)
- Lightmap Labs (1)
- Press (16)
- Reviews (2)
- Guillaume Gaillard – Citroën DS3
- Holomatix SprayTrace 1.5.20 adds support for LightPaint
- RenderMan – Physically Plausible Tutorial
- Bringing Microsoft Surface to Life
- DEVELOP3D Review
- Studio lighting approaches with image based lighting
- HDR Light Studio at RTT Excite 2013
- Lightmap Opens New UK Head Office
- DEVELOP3D LIVE 2013
- HDR Light Studio 4 Live Connection Arrives for RTT DeltaGen
- HDR Light Studio Live arrives for 3ds Max
- HDR Light Studio support comes to Autodesk Showcase Professional 2013
- Paint the Light in VRED
- Shot Breakdown – Couch Potato Alien!
- HDR Light Studio comes highly recommended